A Balanced Clash: Round 2 - Ongoing

How do I deal with Midori? I keep getting wrecked by him.

That depends. What characters are you comfortable with using? Or will you use anybody if they are good in the matchup?

1 Like

imo is better if you open a thread for help. Let’s not go OT. Thanks :+1:

2 Likes

I will do that

CKR over @ArthurWynne 4-0

All :zane: vs :degrey:

ggs.

I had pretty good draws in this game.

3 Likes

No need to be modest, you completely wrecked me. (Except maybe in the last game.)

The thing about trying to avoid facing Zane is that when you do fight him anyway you don’t know the match-up well.

1 Like

someone should bring @CKR down to 3-1 like us mortals. :zane:
Whoever fights him next (unless it’s me) has to bring him down. :quince:

3 Likes

mysticjuicer 4 - 1 Xiba

:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :rook:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey:

ggs Xiba! aside from game 3, I think each of these games came down to both of us at single digit life totals.

3 Likes

@mysticjuicer , you forgot to add my most recent victory to the spreadsheet. I see how it is. I go into a long spiel about how important my 100th victory is, and you are like, “No, I will not allow it.” I beg you mysticjuicer. Please allow my 15 minutes of fame.

3 Likes

lol nope :wink:

Sorry, must have checked the forums on mobile and then forgot to update the spreadsheet the next time I was on my desktop. :slight_smile: All fixed.

3 Likes

Juicer, if we fight next round, let us agree to only play honest, low tier characters.

None of this Troq and Grave bull.

Just honest chars like Quince and BBB.

4 Likes

But Doctor Fluffiness, I am Pagliacci!

3 Likes

objection! Troq is bull, Grave is human

4 Likes

Ok, I’m finally back from being sick and then going camping!

Round 4 Results

High Seed Wins Low Seed
CKR 4 0 ArthurWynne
flagrantangles 2 4 Fluffiness
mysticjuicer 4 1 Xiba
Legion 4 3 CarpeGuitarrem
Caralad 3 4 Ivan
Nopethebard 2 4 vengefulpickle

Standings after Round 4

Player Wins Losses Had Bye?
CKR 4 0
Fluffiness 3 1
mysticjuicer 3 1 Y
Legion 3 1
flagrantangles 2 2
ArthurWynne 2 2
Xiba 2 2
vengefulpickle 2 2
Ivan 2 2
CarpeGuitarrem 1 3
Caralad 1 3
Nopethebard 1 3 Y

Round 5 Matches

High Seed Low Seed
CKR mysticjuicer
Fluffiness Legion
flagrantangles ArthurWynne
Xiba vengefulpickle
Ivan Bye
2 Likes

Legion vs @Fluffiness
I win 4-2
:menelker::pschip::psfist::gwen: Fluff here takes the lead, then i get it back, down to the wire, i lose.
:menelker::psfist::pschip::gwen: same as before, yet different ending
:menelker::pschip::psfist::gloria:Here fluff-gloria dominates me spamming Ks, I seal my destiny not banishing A like an idiot when I could.
:valerie::psfist::pschip::gloria: Here fluff dominates again, but val turns the tables
:valerie::psfist::pschip::zane: fluff leads again, then joker for a MA that i ignore 2 turns straight, then block it. Here the lack of K on his sides helped me a lot. Could end both ways had he even got 1.
:valerie::psfist::pschip::zane: Here fluff gets a bad hand, like QQQQrandcard, and gets painted all over, the only clean game (on my side) of all the match. Val-meta!!
Respect and ggs man!
All the games were down to the last reveal, except the 3rd where fluff broke me like a twig and the last one.
As I already said, we’re both too good. :wink:

2 Likes

@mysticjuicer is your duty to bring down CKR!

1 Like

mysticjuicer 4 - 0 CKR

:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

ggs CKR

I’m glad I could get my revenge for our IYL play-offs set. Looking forward to the next time we play.

3 Likes

Things did not go according to plan. I could have played better. I mismanaged my blocks and dodges. Even with optimal management, I think I would have possibly only taken one of the four games. You played well today. ggs.

3 Likes

ArthurWynne vs @flagrantangles

:persephone: :psfist: :knockdown: :quince: Round to round a very even match, but perse got value from her engine and quince didn’t from his, because of 9s and 10s.
:persephone: :psfist: :knockdown: :vendetta: I got badly pummeled in the early game and Acroed down to a dangerously low hand - but one hard read 10-throw callout turned the tide! Last turn was a checkmate.
:persephone: :psfist: :knockdown: :degrey: The Mistress had an AAA opening hand, and it didn’t get particularly worse from there.
:persephone: :knockdown: :psfist: :menelker: Lost both jokers early. Lost two aces early. Lost the match long before it was actually over.
:grave: :knockdown: :psfist: :menelker: Got the worst of the early game (to the tune of Turn 1 bKbKbJ!) and again lost two aces early. Lost my jokers a while later. With starting health advantage and good speeds Grave still made a fight of it - but he couldn’t navigate the DSD mixup forever.
:persephone: :psfist: :knockdown: :menelker: “It’s simple. We, uh, kill the Batman.” A little less respect and the fight went much better - until I ate a 49-damage combo that almost turned the whole set around! Made the right call on the last-turn 50-50 and brought it home. Whew!

Final result, 4-2 to ArthurWynne!

2 Likes

vengefulpickle vs @Xiba

This was a set fraught with pauses, between my kids, @Xiba’s network, and a 24 hour hiatus in the middle so that @Xiba could go to work.

:persephone::psfist::pschip::gloria: - @Xiba reports he had no 10s
:persephone::psfist::pschip::vendetta: - @Xiba reports he had no Ks
:persephone::pschip::psfist::degrey: - I get walloped
:grave::pschip::psfist::degrey: - And again
<24 hour break>
:persephone::pschip::psfist::degrey: - And again
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::degrey: - I go fishy, and manage to finish off the two very large fists of justice
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::persephone: - A plague upon flaky networks. I manage to get two bubble shields active at once, and then close the game out w/ some well placed pokes

GGs, @Xiba!

2 Likes