[Tournament] Lum's Lucky Lottery #2 - *Finals*

In lieu of another instance of RACE, I’ll be running another instance of Lum’s Lucky Lottery.

This is a casual event, where you play a different random Codex every round.

All the standard structure / forum / error correction rules apply.

There will be 4 rounds of pseudo-swiss (similar to CAWS pairings, but you play all 4 rounds), one per week starting February 6.

Each round, each player will be assigned a random deck, selected from my list of decks that have at least one tournament win, but excluding all mono-colors and any codex that has Demonology in it. The starting player will also be assigned.

At the end of the swiss, there will be a 1 week grace period for all matches to complete, after which any unfinished matches will be given an adjudicated result.

The top 4 players will then advance to a single elimination playoff for glory and renown!
Ranking criteria:

1. Match wins
  2. Opponents’ match win % (total wins of your opponents divided by the total number of matches they played)
  3. Taking turns quickly (an arbitrary determination of who took less time for their turns. This will be calculated in a way that does not reward early concessions or punish games that go over 8 turns)

Signup by posting below, since your decks will be chosen for you!

Monday Update: 14 players signed up so far!

2 Likes

My balls are to the wall and I’m loving it! (I’m in)

1 Like

Fun twist of random decks amongst tournament winning decks and excluding demonz, count me in!

Count me in !

Sounds interesting - and a good way to get to know how various specs work that I haven’t played yet. I’ll give it a go! :slight_smile:

(I’m curious about the restriction on Demonology though. Does this mean it’s now considered “officially” overpowered?)

Curious, why excluding Demonology? Is it broken or something? Or just because?

Excluding Demonology “just because.” Necromancy is actually the most popular (and highest win %) spec overall, but Demonology is 2nd in both (leaving out Bashing & Finesse who have very small usage numbers and very high win %), and is more of a 1-trick-pony.

If you throw out games that were played by someone really good or really bad at Codex, the top specs (by win %) are

1. Past
  2. Law
  3. Peace
  4. Anarchy
  5. Present
  6. Future
  7. Demon
  8. Necro
  9. Discipline
  10. Ninjitsu
  11. Feral

Which I think means Necromancy is the “hardest” spec to play, maybe?

If you compare the ranking-by-win % between “all games” and “matches not involving very good or very bad players” Finesse, Bashing, and Necromancy all do much better in the “all games” set, and Present, Disease, and Law do much better with the “middle” population. Feral is dead last in both.

1 Like

Since i’m out of CAWS, I’ll join this one!

I do think a lot of folks breathe a mental sigh of relief at not having to play around Metamorphosis (or Vandy’s aggro in general).

I was going to sit RACE out, but this is intriguing. Can we get a list of the decks you’ll be pulling from for our random assignments? I’d like to have an idea of how many in the pool I’m actually interested in trying out. (:

List of decks (all with equal chance of being assigned):

AnarchyBalanceGrowth
AnarchyStrengthGrowth
BalancePeaceLaw
BalancePresentLaw
BashingBalanceGrowth
BashingDisciplineNinjitsu
DisciplineBloodTruth
DisciplineStrengthFinesse
DiseaseDisciplineFire
FeralPeaceAnarchy
FeralPeaceBlood
FeralStrengthTruth
FinesseDisciplineStrength
FinessePeaceTruth
FireBloodBashing
FireNecroGrowth
FutureAnarchyGrowth
FuturePeaceBlood
GrowthNecroStrength
GrowthStrengthAnarchy
NecroBloodFire
NecroBloodGrowth
NecroBloodTruth
NecroPresentTruth
PastBloodNecro
PastDiseaseStrength
PastPeaceAnarchy
PastPeaceBalance
PastPeaceBlood
PastPeaceDiscipline
PastPeaceFinesse
PastPeaceLaw
PastPresentBlood
PeaceFinesseTruth
PeaceStrengthGrowth
PresentNecroTruth
PresentPeaceFire
StrengthPastDisease

Adding the two new decks from CAWS 2016 that got at least 1 win:
BloodStrengthGrowth
DiseaseLawTruth

2 Likes

Sure, let’s do this. I’ll be down to one job by the time this starts up, which means I can actually play regularly!

Sign me up!

I’ll play!

I wouldn’t have expected Discipline to be this low, it seems solid support.

1 Like

Sign me up

Count me in

I’ll join this

Alright alright you’ve convinced me. I think?
We’ll try.
Sign me up.

I will join

So, are you in?

I think I’m going to pass this time, but I wish everyone luck, and it’s a fun idea.
I’m not sure I’ll have time for tourney games and the free-for-all I just joined, and I think these decks look too functional and well-balanced for me. (: